The WordPress development community offers a myriad of plugins for Website designers and owners to use to achieve desired functionality, like custom sidebars or slideshow lightboxes – two of my favorites.
Plugin Developers work often by donation, or for a small fee for a Pro version with added features. ScriptArt donates to these developers as the best THANK YOU for offering their talents.
Here are plugins that I use, as needed, in my WordPress theme settings:
- All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly – event calendar
- Ascending Posts Plugin – changes the stacking of created posts
- Compact Audio Player – allows for Soundcloud audio
- Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin – adds form captcha to eliminate bots
- Hide Title – allows hidden titles on pages or posts
- Page Links To – allows pages to link to other URL or No URL
- ShowID – displays page and post ID used to remove/add them to lists
- Simple Side Tab – quick view side tab link to featured page
- TinyPass – simple payment feature without PayPal account
- W3 Total Cache – site optimization for load speed
- WP Back-up – backs up files and database at specified intervals
- WP Lightbox 2 – pop-up for images or video used with shortcode
- WP Smush.it – minimizes image sizes for site optimization
NOTE: Plugins stay current and compatible with WordPress by the Plugin Developer. Always check the status before using any plugin to make sure it is currently supported.